Pentax K-50 16MP Digital SLR Camera Kit with DA L 18-55mm WR f3.5-5.6 Lens (Black)
The Pentax K-50 16MP Digital SLR Camera is the perfect partner for both skilled and entry level beginner photographers interested in all kinds of active shooting. The Pentax K-50 16 MP APS-C CMOS Sensor is an enhanced performance 16 megapixel APS-C CMOS image sensor redefining the meaning of image and high-resolution quality. It’s PRIME M image processing engine creates extremely high-quality imagery matched by lightning fast performance throughout the camera’s entire system.
The combination of these above mentioned two technologies affords a high sensitivity level of ISO 51200 for a top full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 6 frames per second. Both still images and videos are rendered with high image quality and clarity. The product also comes with a DA-L 18-55WR lens.
Disclosure: As you may have noticed, the link in this post is my affiliate link. Some of these links enable me to receive some commissions from the vendors when you click on them to buy a product or subscribe to a plan. This enables me to make this site free instead of charging a monthly membership fee. Please, note that the commission paid to me comes directly from the vendor’s cut and does not affect the amount you pay. Please, use this link to make a purchase in order to help me keep this site free and regularly update it. Thanks.
Features of Pentax K-50 16MP Digital SLR Camera
The following are some of the features of this lovely camera:
Advanced Noise Performance
Along with high sensitivity shooting speeds up to 51200 ISO range, there is also an advanced noise performance, even in muted lighting, throughout.
Pentax K-50 has a state-of-the-art in-body Shake Reduction (SR) Mechanism. Guaranteed sharp, image stabilized, auto-leveled, and dust-free imaging (on any mounted lens) made possible with PENTAX in-body, sensor-shift Shake and Dust Reduction technology.
Eye-Fi Card Compatibility with Eye-Fi wireless SD cards. Users of the Pentax K-50 can send images to any smartphone and/or enable automatic transmission of images to a smartphone for sharing. Users can even choose among their favorite images, as well as edit and resize, ahead of transmitting.
Multiple Video Recording Frames
Full HD 1080p video recording is supported in multiple frame rates up to 30 frames per second as well as HD 720p recording up to 60 frames per second. With the multiple frames, it is easy to make a choice as to what frame to use for your video recording and get your desired effect.
Pentax K-50 digital SLR camera records video files in H.264 AVC/MPEG-4 codec and saves them as .MOV files for ease of sharing and editing.
You might love to get a zoom lense for your camera. Check out this review of Sony SELP18105G E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS
When you are recording a video or making still imagery with live view, a 3.0 921k-dot LCD monitor provides you with a wide viewing angle for improved viewing in a variety of different shooting angles and positions.
A cool and sleekWeather-sealed, Dustproof, Coldproof Design. Regardless if it’s rain, shine, or even sand, the 81 weather seals of your Pentax K-50 ensures camera readiness in just about any weather condition imaginable. Pentax K-50’s rugged, coldproof design is also built to perform in freezing, wet, and snowy winter conditions (-10, 14F).
Camera Type: Digital SLR
Sensor Resolution: 16.3 MP
Screen Size: 3″
Sensor Type: CMOS, Primary color filter, Size: 23.7×15.7 (mm)
Lens For SD: DA L WR 18-55mm and DA ED WR 50-200mm
Focus Adjustment: Autofocus & Manual Focus
Flash Modes: P-TTL
Shutter speed: Auto:1/6000 to 30 sec., Manual: 1/6000 to 30 sec. (1/3EV steps or 1/2EV steps), Bulb
Memory / Storage
Supported Flash Memory: SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
Viewfinder – Field Coverage: 100%
Viewfinder Magnification: 0.92x
Depth: 2.8 inches
Height: 3.8 inches
Width: 5.1 inches
Weight: 11.46 Oz.
Display Type: TFT LCD
Display Size: 3″
Still Image Format: RAW + JPEG
Max Video Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Additional Features: Hot Shoe, USB 2.0
Exterior Color: Black
Buy yours now.
The pros of this camera include the following:
• Weather resistant: The Pentax K-50 camera is weather-sealed, cold proof and Dust proof. It comes with 81 weather seals, making it fit for use in any weather condition
• Improved Noise Performance: This camera has a high sensitivity shooting of up to 51200 ISO range, thereby taking care of noise performance irrespective of the lighting setting
• High-Quality Images: The 16-megapixel APS-CMOS image sensor has the capacity to create an equilibrium between image quality and resolution.
• Image Stabilization: Pentax K-50 16MP Digital SLR Camera comes with In-body Shake Reduction (SR) mechanism that ensures your image is stabilized, dust-free and sharp
• Easy Image Sharing: The Pentax K-50’s Eye-Fi card is compatible with Eye-Fi Wireless SD cards, making it easy to send your photos to a Smartphone so that they can be shared
• Creative Tools: It has creative tools and filters that enable you to express yourself in a personalized way
• Ergonomic: The camera is ergonomically designed to enable you to do your routine shooting without any stress
• Warranty: It has a one year warranty
• Color Combinations: Pentax K-50 comes in 3 brilliant color combinations from which you can choose to match your style and personality.
This camera has its own flaws as well. Some of the flaws include the following:
• You need to do a manual focus before getting a better image
• The video sensor does not produce the expected image quality
• It has issues with aperture control motor. Aperture motor failure is a problem a lot of customers are complaining of
• Slow customer support response
Thought Pentax K-50 16MP Digital SLR Camera is relatively cheap, the major challenge buyers have with this camera is the problem it has with the Aperture Control Motor, which can give your photos black color as soon as the problem develops.
However, 78% of users gave it a 5 star rating on Amazon. It comes with a year warranty and it might turn out to be a great buy for you if you do not experience the Aperture problem.
Please remember to share this post with your friends. I am on Twitter; Like my Facebook Page, share with friends on Google+. You can join my mailing list if you have not done so yet. . It will enable you to receive notification each time I publish new posts or when there are important freebies/useful product promos you need to know about.